- Breakfast: Toast with Fried Egg and Fruit Salad.
- Lunch: Burritos leftover from Green Chile Enchiladas
- Daddy’s Lunch: Eat out day!
- Dinner: Broccoli Cheddar Soup(I served toast on the side instead of bread bowls, and subbed raw milk that was going sour for the half and half)
- Snacks: Apples and Carrot Sticks
- Breakfast: Muesli and Smoothies
- Lunch(ours and daddy’s): Leftover Soup and Green Chili Enchiladas
- Dinner: Roasted Chicken with Baked Potatoes and Peas
- Snacks: Bananas and Yogurt
- Breakfast: Toast with Fried Egg, Yogurt and Oranges
- Lunch: Salmon Salad Sandwiches
- Dinner: Mommy and Daddy Date Night!!!! Creamy Broccoli Chicken over Noodles for kiddos and babysitter
- Snacks: Carrot Sticks and Oranges
- Breakfast: Spanish Tortilla and Bananas
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Having Dinner with Grandpa and Grandma
- Snacks: Apples
- Breakfast: Yogurt, Fried Potatoes and Sardines
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Taco Salad with a Southwest Dressing
- Snacks: Probably Larabars because it’s errand day.
- Breakfast: Eggs, Toast, Yogurt and Fruit
- Lunch: Eating Out, Pizza
- Dinner: Nephew’s Birthday Party!!! Bringing a dessert
- Snacks: Smoothies
Sunday-On this day we have a potluck with our church, so “Lunch” will be the dish I’m bringing
- Breakfast: Toast and Eggs
- Lunch: Flourless Chocolate Cake I added Frangelico liqueur to the whipped cream!
- Dinner: Smoothies, Popcorn and Apples-This is what we ALWAYS have on Sunday night 😀
This week is pretty sweet because three of the nights and one lunch we’re either at someone’s house and they’re feeding us or we’re eating out.
Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 Banana, sliced
- A couple of clementine oranges, divided and sliced
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup of yogurt
- Drizzle of honey if needed
Green Chile Enchiladas(based on Teens Cook recipe)
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 cup yogurt(or sour cream)
- 4oz green chilis
- 2 cups corn, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 t cumin
- 1/4 t chili powder
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream(or yogurt)
For the filling mix up cream cheese, yogurt and green chilis. Add corn, cheese, cumin, chili powder. In a separate bowl mix up salsa and blend with yogurt. Add 1/2 cup of the salsa mixture to the corn mixture. Cover the bottom of a 9×13 pan with some of the salsa mixture, now wrap up the corn mixture in the tortillas and place in the pan. Pour the sauce over the top, sprinkle a couple handfuls of grated cheddar on top and bake in a 375 oven for 45-60 minutes.
Note: I had 16 tortillas instead of 10 and filled the last four and fried them up and that’s what we ate for lunch.
1 14.75 can of salmon, drained and poured into medium bowl. Add Mayo(made with olive oil) until you’ve got it as creamy as you like it. Now chop up a handful of olives(or pickles or capers), a couple stalks of celery and a bit of red onion. Mix it all up and taste for salt and pepper.
Note on Creamy Broccoli Chicken; I use breadcrumbs instead of ritz crackers and homemade garlic salt.
Spanish Tortilla(my version)
- 1 lb potatoes, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- butter or olive oil
Put a couple tablespoons oil in a 10-12in cast iron frying pan and turn the burner onto medium low. Once the oil is hot add the potatoes, cover and let cook for 10 minutes. Whisk the eggs and add a crushed clove of garlic, salt and pepper. Pour eggs over potatoes and leave the lid off. Once the eggs begin to set turn off the heat and turn your broiler on medium. Stick the pan in the oven until eggs begin to puff. I like to eat my eggs with a little hot sauce 🙂
Taco Salad in our house means, a head of lettuce, beans, ground beef, chips and whatever other toppings we can find(olives, green onions, bell peppers, tomatoes…
From time to time you may see items on the menu that do not come out of our grocery budget. We also have an eating out budget of $40/month. And my husband and I each take out $40 for “whatever” money and that is what he uses for fast food, sweets and some snacks and what I use for ice cream and baking chocolate.
If I link to a recipe that uses processed or ingredients that aren’t lying around(buttermilk or cream of ? soup) Assume that I substitute or make my own(yogurt for buttermilk and homemade cream of ? soup). I may have been too lazy to explain or just plain forgot.
Comment if you have questions